In 2005 the health insurance industry underwent major changes with the launch of Medicare Part D. To spearhead the industry’s sudden need for consumer outreach and education, Humana turned to EventNetUSA.
Leveraging Humana’s partnership with Walmart, we conceptualized, designed and executed the national “Let’s Talk” Campaign. The tour was designed to educate Walmart’s Senior shoppers and to help beneficiaries learn about new plan and prescription drug coverage options.
We built a fleet of ten RVs and recruited and trained 20 Medicare Advisors who would travel the country, visiting with seniors at senior centers, medical centers, senior expos in addition to Walmart Supercenters and Sam’s Club stores.
Onsite, Humana Medicare Advisors offered RV guests guidance as to which type of plan may be best suited based on their health, lifestyle and income criteria.
Year 1 of the Let’s Talk RV tour was so successful, reaching more than 250,000 consumers between August 2005 and May 2006 and travelling over 110,000 miles, Humana renewed the program with EventNetUSA for years 2 and 3.
Taking key learnings from year 1, EventNetUSA enhanced the Let’s Talk program to include learning sessions and activities offered through the Humana Active Outlook lifestyle enrichment program, including better bone health, nutrition and brain fitness.
A LOOK BEHIND THE SCENES
- Customized 10 Humana “Let’s Talk” RV’s
- Recruited, hired and trained 20 Medicare Advisors/Tour Managers (retained for 3 years)
- Leveraged Humana’s partnership with Walmart, conducting 1,650 Walmart Supercenter and Sam’s Club appearances
- Executed Media Outreach
Ready to educate and engage with consumers on the road?
- 10 custom Humana “Let’s Talk” RV’s
- 35 states, 350 cities
- 1650 Walmart/Sam’s Club stores
- 900% increase in Humana Medicare spending @ targeted Walmarts
- 300k+ miles traveled
- 5M+ market specific media impressions within target demographic
- 3x renewed program